Parking & Transportation
Below are parking and transportation resources. You can also find resources to assist you in planning your commute at the Northeastern University Commuting Services website.
Parking on Campus:
- The management of parking operations at the Boston Campus is handled by MasParc. For more information about parking at one of the Northeastern garages or surface lots, please visit Masparc.com. To purchase a Parking Permit, please visit Masparc.com/products. There are various parking permits available for students, staff, faculty and alumni.
Parking off Campus:
- If you are living off-campus and plan to park near your off-campus apartment, make sure you apply for a resident sticker. Find out how to get a Resident Parking Permit.
- If you are just visiting Northeastern for the day, you can either park on campus (see above) or one of the metered spots around campus. Parking meters in the Fenway/Kenmore neighborhood that Northeastern is in cost $2.50/hour, and usually have a 2 hour time-limit before you have to move your car.
Bus – The following bus lines stop at Northeastern University:
- 39 (stops at Northeastern University on Huntington Ave)
- CT2, CT3, 8, 15, 19, 22, 23, 28, 43. 44, 45, 47 (stops at Ruggles Station)
Subway – The following subway (or “T”) lines stop at Northeastern University:
- Green Line E (stops at Northeastern University Huntington Ave)
- Orange Line (stops at Ruggles Station)
Commuter Rail – The following trains stop at Ruggles Station (Northeastern University):
Amtrak – Several Amtrak routes stop at Back Bay Station, just one mile away from Northeastern University campus. Amtrak can be used for longer trips to out of state locations such as New York City or Washington D.C.
Northeastern Student Discounts for Transportation
Fall 2022 Discount T-Passes go on sale on June 1st, 2022! Save 11%! Unlimited rides all semester! Updated rates and flyer coming soon.
*Purchase deadline for Fall 2022: 8/6/2022 at 3pm.
Follow these steps to purchase a Discounted Semester T-Pass:
- Log into myNortheastern.
- Click on the Services & Links tab. In the search bar type “NUPay.”
- Select “NUPay Basket.“
- Click “Continue Shopping.” The MBTA passes are listed under “Other Payments.”
- Scroll down and select pass type (Link Pass, Bus Pass or Commuter Rail Pass)
If you miss the semester discount deadline, you may purchases monthly passes directly from the MBTA at www.mbta.com or at Ruggles Station via a kiosk. Consider purchasing a monthly pass if you are taking the T for co-op or regularly to get to class. A LINK pass gives you unlimited rides on bus/subway. Note: Student passes are not available during the summer months. Purchase passes directly from the MBTA or on campus at Ruggles Station. If you are only taking the T sporadically, we recommend loading money on to a Charlie Card to pay for each ride as it costs less than a paper ticket or paying cash-on-board.
Co-op Parking Discount Program:
The Co-op Parking Discount Program was created to reduce the cost of parking for students accepting co-op assignments not accessible by public transportation, requiring odd start and stop times, and/or requiring a vehicle to perform job duties. Once approved, students will receive a discount code that reduces the cost of an overnight parking permit for the semesters they are on co-op. If you believe you qualify for this discount, ask your co-op coordinator, who can submit the request for a discount.
Bike Routes and Info
- Bike Northeastern is a great resource for anyone considering biking to, from, or around campus. Learn how to register your bike, store your bike, see a Northeastern bike infrastructure map and more!
- BLUEbikes (Map) NU stations located in North Lot, outside Rennaissance Park Garage, and on Mass Ave. near the Christian Science center. Click here and use the program code HUSKY for a discounted rate ($70/year).
- Mass Bike
- Mass Bike Laws
A great option for finding a quick ride using your smartphone. Review BPD Rideshare Safety Tips.
- The RedEye Off Campus Safety Escorts -If you need a ride at night, the RedEye—an off-campus safety escort — is available for Northeastern University students who live within two miles of the center of campus. Every night from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m., the RedEye van will pick students up at Snell Library. In order to use this escort, you must book a ride in advance using the RedEye App or you can book a ride at the RedEye dispatch center located at the Northeast Security office in the Ruggles Substation. Download the RedEye App.
Car Rental Services
Disclaimer: Off Campus Housing and Support Services provides information to Northeastern University students, faculty and staff members solely as a courtesy. Northeastern does not endorse any of the housing options listed. Northeastern University accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of housing listings with the office. Contact with persons listed herein must be conducted independently and at your own risk. The university does not screen, recommend, vouch for, or take responsibility for the condition or safety of housing arrangements made by students.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
151 Speare Hall
360 Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02115
Fall 2021: Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm, or schedule a virtual evening appointment.