Northeastern Leased Housing in Maine
Finding Housing in the Portland Area
- Northeastern Beyond Boston Housing Database – An extension of the Boston off-campus apartment database, this webpage has steps to get started to find housing near the Roux Institute, and a direct link to explore apartments in the area.
- Resources for International Students – Navigating the apartment search process as an international student can be especially challenging! We have a number of resources to help with this process.
- Furnished Finder – A search database for short-term furnished rentals in Maine.
- University of New England’s Off Campus Apartment Listing Directory: Apartment Listing Directory
- Some students have used Facebook Marketplace sublet listings to find short-term sublets
Connect with other students in Maine
Join the Maine Co-op Community on Yammer to connect with students who are currently living in Maine or moving to Maine for their upcoming co-op.
If you find an apartment you love but you need to furnish it yourself, you can consider renting furniture or purchasing second-hand furniture from some of the resources below:
- Rent-a-Center in Portland, Maine – Rent furniture for a monthly rate, delivery available.
- Full House in Westbrook and Auburn, Maine – Rent or purchase furniture, free delivery.
- Facebook Marketplace – Allows you to buy and sell new and used items, including furniture, in your area.
- Amazon– Sign up for Prime shipping with your student email.
- Wayfair – Check out Wayfair OpenBox for clearance furniture (returned, but in good condition)
- Hub Furniture Company has locations in Portland and Westbrook.
Transportation and Commuting
- Check out the Greater Portland Regional Transit Map to see bus routes across the Portland Peninsula
- METRO BREEZ – The Metro Breez connects Brunswick, Freeport, Portland, and Yarmouth
- The Amtrak Downeaster offers affordable express service between Boston and Portland, with several stops along the Maine and New Hampshire Coastline.
Portland Tenant Rights and Resources
Off Campus Housing and Support Services is happy to help you with your move by reviewing your application or leases before signing, and assisting with any landlord/roommate questions or concerns that may arise. Just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Portland Maine Tenant & Landlord Resources
- Rental Housing Rights in Portland
- Maine Attorney General’s Office
- Portland Housing Authority
- Tips Before You Rent
*Disclaimer: Network Housing and Relocation provides information to Northeastern University students, faculty and staff members solely as a courtesy. Northeastern does not endorse any of the housing options listed. Northeastern University accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of housing listings with the office. Contact with persons listed herein must be conducted independently and at your own risk. The university does not screen, recommend, vouch for, or take responsibility for the condition or safety of housing arrangements made by students.