Northeastern University at Portland Maine Rentals
Northeastern University has leased housing in Portland (Nine fully furnished 1 bed/1 bath units and 1 furnished Studio unit) with Portland Maine Rentals , a premier rental agency that provides high quality, furnished rentals for renters in need of short-term housing. Reservations, payment, preparation, move-in, and move-out procedures are coordinated by Northeastern University’s Network Housing & Relocation office, but you are encouraged to visit portlandmainerentals.com to learn more about the resources, accommodations, and amenities provided by Portland Maine Rentals.
While Portland Maine Rentals has units located all over Portland, the units leased by Northeastern University are located at 48 Wilmot St. and 235 Cumberland St (right next to each other). Centrally located and close to Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods Market, Coffee Me UP, the Merrill Auditorium and Lincoln Park.
Northeastern University has 4 one bedroom, one bathroom apartments with Portland Maine Rentals and all apartments are available on a first come, first served basis. Each of the four units is a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment and includes a queen-size bed, fully equipped kitchen, television, and closet. Your payment for this housing includes the following amenities:
- All utilities: heating, cooling, electricity, internet, and cable
- Full kitchen, including a refrigerator, microwave, range, dishwasher, table, small appliances and houseware sets
- Bedroom housewares, such as bedsheets, hangers, and more
- Bathroom housewares such as towels, a bath mat, shower curtain, and trash can
- Shared courtyard area and gardens
- One off street parking spot
- Laundry on site
Rates for 1BR*
- Summer II 2023 (July-August): $5,319
- Fall 2023 (September- December): $10,047
- Spring 2024 (January -April): $10,047
- Summer I 2024 (May-June): $5,319
Rates for Studio*
- Summer II 2023 (July-August): $4,635
- Fall 2023 (September- December): $8,755
- Spring 2024 (January -April): $8,755
- Summer I 2024 (May-June): $4,635
* Rates are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. Housing rate is calculated based on a 17-weeks program for Spring/Fall and 9-weeks program for Summer I/II.
(You will be billed through your Northeastern University account at the beginning of each of the semesters. The cost for the co-op term (full 6 months) will be billed to your NU account as a housing charge. Rates are subject to change.)
DEPOSIT: (Must submit application before making deposit)
- $400 ($200 for each term)
- Deposit returned ONLY if student cancels in writing BEFORE the cancellation deadline (listed on the application). If student does not cancel in writing prior to the deadline, deposit and cost of ENTIRE term is charged to their account
For more information please contact Sonya Cottam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications and Payments
How do I apply?
You can make an appointment with Network Housing & Relocation. After completing this step, you can submit the Housing Application here. Once Network Housing & Relocation has received the application the Director will give you deposit authorization.
How much is the housing deposit?
The deposit is $200 per term you will be living in the housing, so most co-op students are paying $400 as their deposit. (For example, $200 deposit for Summer II and $200 for Fall). You are required to pay the deposit when you submit your Beyond Boston Housing Application, that will go towards the total housing payment.
How will I be billed?
You will be billed to your NU account in the same manner as NU on-campus housing.
Can I transfer my on-campus housing deposit to a Beyond Boston Housing deposit?
No, all Beyond Boston Housing deposits must be made through NUPAY. Your on-campus housing deposits will be refunded once you cancel with Housing Services – https://www.northeastern.edu/housing/cancellation-deadlines/.
If I decide not to live in the Beyond Boston Housing I applied for, or if I can’t get the Beyond Boston job I wanted, do I still have to pay for the room?
You must cancel your housing in writing with Network Housing & Relocation 45 days prior to the official start date of the co-op term to avoid paying any housing fees. If you cancel within 45 days of the official start date of the co-op term you will be responsible for ALL 26 weeks of payment.
Can I move in early/stay late?
Since co-op terms are back to back, early arrivals or late departures directly impact the move-in/move-out and schedule for the student living in the housing before or after you, and can be declined by the housing provider if there is not enough time to clean the rooms between students. If there are extenuating circumstances that require you to move-in early or late, contact Network Housing & Relocation so that we can work with you on arranging short-term accommodations.
Room and Building Amenities
Are the apartments furnished?
Yes. Each apartment is furnished including large and small housewares and linens.
Do I have to pay for cable or internet?
Cable is already available in the room at no cost when you arrive. You do not have to pay for the internet.
Do I have to pay utilities?
No. Utilities are included in the cost of the room.
Pictures of Some Units